EXHIBITIONS AND PROGRAMMING INTERNSHIP
Description: The ONE Archives Foundation, Inc. is hiring an Exhibitions and Programming Intern to work on our Summer 2019 exhibition at the ONE Gallery, West Hollywood. The exhibition commemorates the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots in New York City’s Greenwich Village and actively combats the erasure of QTPOC organizing and activism historically and today. The exhibition will be free to the public and on view through September 29, 2019. The intern will work with the Exhibitions and Gallery Administrator to directly coordinate with curators, artists, and ONE Archives at the USC Libraries.
Applications for this internship must be submitted by Friday, May 3.
- Assist in the installation and deinstallation of the summer 2019 exhibition, supporting the Exhibitions and Gallery Administrator, installers, and the guest curators.
- Assist the Exhibitions & Gallery Administrator, as well as the guest curators, with the development and planning for exhibition programming such as readings, talks, activist-lead tours on site at the ONE Gallery and at other venues.
- Event support during the summer 2019 exhibition opening, community programs, and events.
- Gallery attendant duties at the exhibition space in West Hollywood, consistent with the ONE Gallery and the City of West Hollywood policies and procedures.
- Assist the Exhibitions & Gallery Administrator with the development of the ONE Gallery, West Hollywood docent program, to include administrative duties.
- Assist the Exhibitions & Gallery Administrator, as well as guest curators, with archival research at ONE Archives at the USC Libraries, to include but not limited to identifying collections, scanning documents, and reprinting materials for exhibitions, consistent with the policies and procedures of ONE Archives at the USC Libraries. May assist with research at other archives, as well.
- Assist with social media curation related to the summer 2019, consistent with ONE Archives Foundation’s social media guidelines, including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Compensation: $12 per hour
Employment Status: The intern is classified as a temporary employee and will be subject to any and all payroll taxes. Please note: ONE Archives Foundation benefits are not provided to temporary employees.
Employment Dates: June 2019 through September 30, 2019
Time commitment: 16 hours per week
- The intern must be an undergraduate student with Junior or Senior standing, or a graduate student.
- The intern must have working knowledge of and passion for LGBTQ activism, arts, history, and culture.
- The intern must have strong communication skills and be comfortable working with artists and handling artwork.
- The intern must have access to transportation and the ability to commute to the ONE Gallery, West Hollywood; the ONE Archives Foundation, located in Hollywood; ONE Archives at the USC Libraries, located in West Adams; and other locations, as needed.
How to apply: Please e-mail your resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com, with the title “ONE Gallery Exhibitions and Programming Internship” in the subject line. Applications for this internship must be submitted by Friday, May 3.
About the ONE Archives Foundation, Inc.
The ONE Archives Foundation, founded in 1952, is an independent 501(c)(3) dedicated to telling the accurate and authentic stories of LGBTQ people, history and culture through public exhibitions, educational projects and trainings, and community outreach programs.
Phone: (323) 968-0410
- ONE Gallery, West Hollywood: 626 N. Robertson Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90069
- ONE Archives Foundation: 7655 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90046
- ONE Archives at the USC Libraries: 909 West Adams Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90007