The ONE Archives Foundation, Inc. offers two ongoing internships with applications accepted on an ongoing basis. Find information on the Development and Research Internship and History Panels Project Internship below.
Youth Ambassadors for Queer History Program Paid Internship
Program Description: Through hands-on research projects and workshop sessions, the ONE Archives Foundation trains and mentors a core group of high school student leaders from across the greater Los Angeles area to become peer ambassadors for LGBTQ history and culture in their communities. Starting this September, in its inaugural year, the Youth Ambassadors for Queer History Program will take place every other Saturday throughout the 2018-2019 academic year. The program includes LGBTQ history lessons by scholars, historians, and community leaders, research and writing sessions at ONE Archives at the USC Libraries, and field trips to LGBTQ organizations and landmarks.
- Assist the Education & Outreach Manager and Assistant of the ONE Archives Foundation with the implementation of the program
- Conduct research on guest speakers, interactive methods and enriching content for the Youth Ambassadors
- Retrieve materials from the Archives and help design a variety of hands-on activities and workshops for the Youth Ambassadors
- Help with the set-up and tear-down of each Saturday session at ONE Archives at the USC Libraries
- Co-facilitate the sessions with the Education & Outreach Manager and Assistant
- Accompany the Youth Ambassadors and the staff of ONE Archives Foundation on field trips
Compensation: $12 per hour
Employment Status: The intern is classified as a temporary employee and will be subject to any and all payroll taxes. Please note: ONE Archives Foundation benefits are not provided to temporary employees.
Start Date: September 2018
Time commitment: Two Saturdays every month 10am-3pm (required) and an additional 8 hours every week (to be determined by supervisor and intern)
- The intern must be an undergraduate student with Junior or Senior standing, or a graduate student
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of and passion for LGBTQ history, strong writing and speech skills, and the flexibility to commute to our administrative offices and to the Archives
- As standard procedure, this position is subject to a satisfactory background check, reference check, and tuberculosis(TB) testing
How to apply: Please email your resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the title Youth Ambassadors Internship in the subject line.